Prime Minister of Cycoldia
|Prime Minister of the|
Grand Republic of Cycoldia
|Style||The Right Honourable|
|Member of||General Assembly|
|Term length||At Her Imperial Majesty's pleasure|
|Inaugural holder||Kristopher Eastham|
|Formation||17 June 2019|
|Deputy||Deputy Prime Minister|
|Salary||Nil (Pro bono)|
The Prime Minister of Cycoldia is the head of government of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia. They are elected by the General Assembly following nomination of the leader of the majority party. This is commonly done through a motion submitted by the Speaker to nominate a predetermined candidate from the party. The responsibilities of the Prime Minister include the staffing of their cabinet, issuing Prime Ministerial Orders, and assuring the government's duties are being carried out. The office of the Prime Minister is the highest ranking office that is democratically gained without appointment to it within Cycoldia.
The Prime Minister has been a point of interest in the Grand Republic of Cycoldia, and has been an office involved in scandals since its founding, with the first Prime Minister not having been elected by the General Assembly, and instead having been appointed by Christina I & II. The first Prime Minister was removed from the office after being warned that if his company did continue to keep Ethan F. as an Executive he would be removed, he did not remove Ethan F. from his board and so was subsequently removed.
The first Prime Minister was Avery Prasatik. In her time she issued from her office two Prime Ministerial Orders. These documents are orders from the Prime Minister to execute specific orders from their position as head of the executive, in the case of Prasatik's first order, it formed the Royal Commission on Lacian History, formed to list through the history of the United Kingdom of Creek and Lake on behalf of Cycoldia. Her second order dictated a denouncement of Greg Abbott in his capacity as Governor of Texas.
The first ever challenge to a nomination of the prime minister was done by Arthur Lacey-Scott in the 2022 Monarchist Party premiership election, who later won the challenge as announced in a speech from Christina I & II. In this she highlighted that while the vote still was tied that in national polling data Lacey-Scott had popular support, and therefore she selected him. This has been the only ever successful challenge to a nomination in Cycoldia.
The only ever Prime Minister to be removed by a Motion of No Confidence was Kevon Burnett, who was removed by Motion #131. The motion passed with only three in favour, two against, and five members abstaining, with three of those five having not voted during the given time duration.
|Monarchist (4) Democratic (1)|
|Term of office||Mandate[b]||Ministerial offices held as prime minister||Party||Monarch|
||Monarchist||Christina I & II|
1st Duchess of Houstonina
|3 years, 0 days||2020 Mar||
|199 days||2023 March|
1st Viscount of Brookhaven
|166 days||2023 Sep|
1st Duchess of Houstonina
The following graphical timeline depicts the progression of the Prime Ministers and their political affiliation in office. The Prime Minister listed is in the colour of the party they were in the longest while in office, while the bar at the bottom tells what party was in power through the Prime Minister.
- Avery Prasatik was made the Caretaker Prime Minister in order to give time for the General Assembly to select a new Prime Minister.
- Legend for the Mandate column:
- an election
- indicates a general election won by the government or that led to the formation of a government;
- a parenthesised year
- indicates an election with a a minority government retaining office or a new Prime Minister-Elect;
- a dash
- indicates the formation of a majority government without a general election;
- a parenthesised dash
- indicates the formation of a minority or coalition government.
- This Prime Minister did not complete a term of one year, and served prior to the passage of the Premiership Terms Act of 2023, which removed the requirement to renew terms.
- While sometimes he is referred to as both the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition, the position of Leader of the Opposition did not exist at the time of his premiership, and Eastham never was formally addressed as Leader of the Opposition.
- Cycoldian Official Website Thirteenth General Assembly Archive (Retrieved 1 December 2023)