Constitution of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Long title||A motion to adopt the Proposed Constitution of Cycoldia as Passed by the Council of the Constitution.|
|Enacted by||the General Assembly|
|Effective||April 7, 2023|
|Acts repealed||First Constitution of Cycoldia|
The Cycoldian Constitution was ratified by the General Assembly in a vote of seven in favour and none against on 7 August 2023.
- WHEREFORE in the course of deliberation for the Ideals of Prosperity, Liberty and Security, it has become necessary to secure for the Peoples certain Rights and Privileges
- WHEREFORE the Pledge to Ordain and Establish such a Charter for the Procurement and Security of the aforesaid and for the General Welfare of those Peoples along with the Pledge to inculcate by Force the ideals of Grandeur, therefore
- KNOW that We the Peoples of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia heretofore Establish and Adopt this Charter as Our Constitution this Seventh Day of April of the Year Two Thousand and Twenty Three.
SECTION I: The State
ARTICLE 1: The Nation
- The nation and state will be known by the name and style of the “Grand Republic of Cycoldia”.
- The borders and jurisdictions of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia will be delineated by the General Assembly by Act of the General Assembly.
SECTION II: The Rights, Liberties and Privileges
ARTICLE 1: Values
- The Peoples of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia will—
- abide by the Constitution and its ideals and respect its institutions, insignia and bodies;
- uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia and its Realms and Territories;
- come to the defence of the nation if called upon to do so;
- value and preserve the rich cultural history of the nation; and
- strive to safeguard the public welfare and status of their fellow Citizens.
ARTICLE 2: Rights, Liberties and Privileges
- The Grand Republic of Cycoldia will grant all persons within all its Realms, Territories and Dominions without exception the following Rights, Liberties and Privileges—
- all Individuals are born free and will be equal in their dignity and rights on account of them being endowed with reason and striven in the pursuit of common humanity;
- all Individuals have the right to not be discriminated by any law or enactment touching race, colour, sex, language, religion, creed, spirituality, gender identity, sexuality, birth, origin, national status, social status, physical or mental disability , or any other such distinctive characteristics whatsoever;
- that no distinction will be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of a country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent or non-self governing on account of any law applying thereto;
- that all Individuals have the right to Life, Liberty and Security of person in the course of their lives;
- that no Individual will be held in slavery or indentured servitude of any kind nor any practice emanating thereof in any form whatsoever;
- that no Individual will be subject to torture or otherwise cruel and unusual punishment;
- that all Individuals are equal before the Law without any distinction;
- that no individual will be subject to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile unless under due process of the law;
- that no Individual will be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, at the time at which such crime was committed;
- that no Individual will be subjected to arbitrary interference with respect to their privacy, residence, correspondence or communication, nor to attack upon their personal dignity and reputation;
- that all Individuals have the right to freedom of movement within the borders of their jurisdictions;
- that all Individuals have the right to not be deprived arbitrarily of their nationality or national status;
- that all Individuals, regardless of religious, cultural or social norms have the right to find and constitute a marriage and family;
- that all Individuals have the right to own property of their own free will;
- that no Individual will be arbitrarily deprived of their property or belongings;
- that all Individuals have the right to freedom of thought and conscience in private and in public;
- that all Individuals have the right to take part in government; and
- that the Government will be formed by the will of the people, which will be espoused by periodic and genuine elections with universal and equal suffrage under equal voting procedures.
ARTICLE 3: Citizenship
- The Crown of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia will grant upon its individuals Citizenship and henceforth will be called Cycoldian Citizens.
- The Crown of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia will grant upon individuals Honorary Citizenship for some special act or contribution, and henceforth will be called Honorary Cycoldian Citizens.
- All Citizens of Full Member States of the Imperium will be called Imperium Citizens.
- All Cycoldian Citizens will be eligible to run for public office, with the exception of Imperium Citizens.
- The Crown of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia reserves the right at any point to terminate the Citizenship of any individual.
- Any Citizen may voluntarily relinquish their citizenship upon submitting a notice to that effect to the Government of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia.
SECTION III: The Crown
ARTICLE 1: The Crown
- The Crown of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia will be vested in the person of the Summi Imperatoris, who will be the head of state and embody the dignity of the Crown.
- The Crown will be the executive Head of State, who will be immune and inviolable in any court proceeding whatsoever.
- The Crown can issue Imperial Orders only to—
- declare war and peace;
- sign treaties and agreements;
- issue changes to offices and agencies of Government;
- alter treaties related domestic and foreign affairs;
- grant pardons and general edicts of innocency;
- issue commissions for the Armed Forces; and
- grant titles, styles, dignities, precedences, honours, offices and commendations.
- The Crown will be assisted by the Privy Council, which will be a body of advisors and will offer counsel when required.
SECTION IV: The Legislature
ARTICLE 1: The General Assembly
- The Grand Republic of Cycoldia will have a legislature by the name and style of the “General Assembly of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia”.
- The powers of legislative authority will be vested in the General Assembly.
- The legislature will be unicameral .
- The legislature will execute elections that will be representative of the population.
- There will be a subordinate chamber to the General Assembly known by the style of “House of Lords”, which will pass enactments only upon it being assented to by the Prime Minister, the Lord Speaker and the Crown, however otherwise will function without the interference of the General Assembly.
- The General Assembly will pass Acts that will be the law of the land.
- That the Prime Minister shall serve as the representative of the General Assembly and shall have the powers accorded to them to:
- Issue ordinances as Prime Ministerial Orders
- Grant approval to acts from the House of Lords
- Propose appointees to lower courts
- Appoint ministers to serve in the Government
- Call sessions of the General Assembly
- The Prime Minister shall act and formally serve as the Head of Government of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia
- The Prime Minister shall be elected by the General Assembly through motions of confidence and no confidence to be held at times determined by the General Assembly.
SECTION V: The Judiciary
ARTICLE 1: The Supreme Court
- The court by the name and style of the “Supreme Court of Cycoldia” will be the highest legal authority in Cycoldia and will have original jurisdiction.
- The Supreme Court of Cycoldia will be the highest court of appeals on all legal matters and may deny appeals on terms decided by the justices of the Supreme Court.
- All members of the Supreme Court will be appointed by the Crown and require confirmation by the General Assembly.
- Members of the Supreme Court may resign or may be removed from office by the General Assembly with the assent of the Crown.
ARTICLE 2: Lower Courts
- There will be a lower court by the name and style of “High Civil Court”, with justices to be appointed by the Crown with the approval of the Prime Minister.
- Lower Courts will be the origin of any and all legal cases in order of legal structuring.
- Judges will be assigned to cases on a case by case basis by their jurisdiction.
- Civil suits will not occur before the High Civil Court, but will be able to be heard only within the Supreme Court of Cycoldia.
SECTION VI: The Armed Forces
ARTICLE 1: The Armed Forces
- The Armed Forces will serve the Crown in the execution of their duties to protect and uphold the Peoples and Values of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia.
- The Crown will be the Head of the Armed Forces.
- The Armed Forces will by administered on behalf of the Crown primarily by the Chief Marshal as Chief of the Armed Forces.
SECTION VII: The Public Bodies
ARTICLE 1: The Civil Services
- Any Minister, Official or Persons serving the Government of the Grand Republic of Cycoldia including those of the Legislature, Judiciary, Armed Forces and Diplomatic Corps shall be members of the Civil Service.
- The Government shall decide the composition, term and duties of members of the Civil Service, other than those already provided by statute.
ARTICLE 2: The Cycoldian Special Detainment Forces
- The Cycoldian Special Detainment Forces are to serve at the direct order and pleasure of the Crown, without the interference or allegiance to any other branch or person in the Grand Republic of Cycoldia.
- The Chief of the Cycoldian Special Detainment Forces are to serve at the pleasure of the Crown.
- The Cycoldian Special Detainment Forces are to serve no other body of Government other than the Crown.
SECTION VIII: Miscellaneous
ARTICLE 1: Amending the Constitution
- The Constitution may be amended by 2/3rds majority of the General Assembly and must be granted assent by the Crown.