The ISA0001 is a standard to define codes for micronation country names, dependent territories, and subdivisions created by the Intermicronational Standards Administration. The standard employs an alphabetic three-letter code to represent a micronation, to save time and energy when describing the micronation and to prevent errors in the description of a country. The official name of the standard is Codes for the representation of names of micronations.
It consists of two parts:
- ISA0001-A3-001, Codes for the representation of names of micronations, Part 1 - Country Codes currently in use, defines the names of country codes currently in use by identifying them with a three-letter code.
- ISA0001-A3-002, Codes for the representation of names of micronations, Part 2 - Country Codes no longer in use, defines the names of country codes that were previously registered in ISA0001 but for one or more reasons are no longer used.
- ISA0001-A3-003, Codes for the representation of subdivisions of micronations, defines the names of subdivisions of country codes in use by identifying them with a three-letter code.
The standard is maintained by a group of representatives from micronational standards organisations called the Maintenance Committee (ISA/MC). Its principal tasks are:
- To add and eliminate country names and to assign code elements to them;
- To publish lists of country names and code elements;
- To maintain a reference list of country names and code elements and periods of use;
- To issue newsletters announcing changes to the code table(s);
- To advise users on the application of the ISA.
The Maintenance Committee consists of two members with voting rights. They are:
The Administration also features representatives from intermicronational organisations who do not have voting powers. They are: Vacant
Current country codes
The table below contains the ISA0001-A3-001 codes for each of the countries that have registered with the standard. See ISA0001-A3-002 for Country codes no longer in use.
|Country name||Official state name||ISA0001-A3-001 code|
|Ameristralia||Sovereign Municipality of Ameristralia||AMR|
|Ameristralian Overseas Territories||Sovereign Municipality of Ameristralia||AOT|
|Limonia||Federation of Limonia||LMN|
|Brennonia||Kingdom of Brennonia||BRN|
|Zenrax||Imperial Federation of Zenrax||ZEN|
|The Sohnland||Republic of The Sohnland||TSL|
|Felinia||Sovereign Kingdom of Felinia||SKF|
|Mabruenia||Federal Republic of Mabruenia||MBA|
|Libertalia||Republic of Libertalia||LBT|
|Avenska||Federal Republic of Avenska||AVE|
|Dane Republic||Grand Order of DR||GDR|
|Atlia||Kingdom of Atlia||ATL|
|Vinland||Republic of Vinland||VIN|
|Begon||Tsardom of Begon||BEG|
|Salanda||Kingdom of Salanda||SAL|
|Ostton||Federal Republic of Ostton||OST|
|Dracul||Commonwealth of Dracul||CMD|
Former country codes
|Country name||Official state name||ISA0001-A3-002 code|
|Adonia||Federation of Adonia||ADO|
|Vinlandic Overseas Territories||Principality of Vinland||VOT|
Micronations interested in registering a country code may visit the form here.