The ISA0002 is a standard to define codes for micronational currency names. It was created by the Intermicronational Standards Administration. The standard employs an alphabetic four-letter code to represent a currency, to save time and energy when describing the currency and to prevent errors in the description of a currency. The official name of the standard is Codes for the representation of micronational currencies.
It consists of one part
- ISA0002-A4, Codes for the representation of micronational currencies, defines the names of micronational currencies currently in use by identifying them with a four-letter code.
The standard is maintained by a group of representatives from micronational standards organisations called the Maintenance Committee (ISA/MC). Its principal tasks are:
- To add and eliminate currency names and to assign code elements to them;
- To publish lists of currency names and code elements;
- To maintain a reference list of currency names and code elements and periods of use;
- To issue newsletters announcing changes to the code table(s);
- To advise users on the application of the ISA.
The Maintenance Committee consists of two members with voting rights. They are:
Ameristralian National Standards (ANS) - Ameristralia Standards Administration of Brennonia (SAB) - Brennonia
The Administration also features representatives from intermicronational organisations who do not have voting powers. They are:
Current Currency codes
The table below contains the ISA0002-A4 codes for each of the countries that have registered a currency with the standard.
|Country name||Official state name||Currency name||ISA0002-A4 code|
|Ameristralia||Sovereign Municipality of Ameristralia||Ameristralian Dollar||AMRD|
|Brennonia||Kingdom of Brennonia||Brennonian Dollar||BRND|
|Sohnland||Republic of The Sohnland||Sohnlandic Pound Sterling||RTSL|
Micronations that are interested in registering for a currency code can submit an application here.