Slang terms for Marijuana
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the English language, thousands of slang terms for the Cannabis plant, specifically, the flowers of the plant following the drying process.
Notice from the article creator
This a dynamic list and is thus ever changing and non-conclusive, if you know of more slang for cannabis, add them as seen fit. If a term is added, please follow the existing format. Most of these terms will be added based on their commonality and how funny i think they are, so be advised.
List of slang for Cannabis
There a many common slang terms for weed most are familiar, terms such as Weed, Reefer, Dope and 420.
Slang terms for marijuana, A-Z
- Astro Turf
- Bud - term for the part of the Marijuana which is used for smoking.
- Dab - a type of Cannabis extract known for its high potency.
- Devil's Lettuce
- Kief (in reference to marijuana dust collected in a grinder).
- Nug - synonym for Bud
- Penjamin - slang for a marijuana pen.
- Whacky Tabacky
Terms for good and bad Cannabis
Terms for good Cannabis
Terms for bad or mediocre Cannabis
- Dirt Weed
Term for the effects of Cannabis
Slang and terms for items used for using marijuana
- Blunt - a thick type of marijuana cigarette or cigar, usually rolled using tobacco or hemp paper.
- Bong - a glass or plastic pipe which is partially billed with water and used for smoking.
- Bowl - the piece of a bong in which the Cannabis is set.
- Cart/Cartridge - A glass cartridge filled with Cannabis oil (usually THC, CBD, or HHC).
- Dab Rig - a type of Bong used for taking Dabs.
- Doobie - in reference to a small marijuana cigarette, synonym for Joint.
- Dispo/Disposable - term for a disposable pen, which is a pen and cart combined and meant to be thrown away when emptied.
- Edible - a type of weed eaten like regular food.
- Joint - most common slang term for a marijuana cigarette.
- Pen - an electronic device which heats the oil in a cartridge to allow it to be smoked.
- Pipe - a pipe similar to a tobacco pipe used for smoking Marijuana.
- Roach - in reference to a joint which has been smoked to the point of reaching the filter, typically the most potent part of a joint.
Slang terms for the usage of Cannabis
- Cash/Cashing - term for finishing a joint, blunt, or bowl.
- Hit - taking a drag from a joint, blunt, bong, pen, etc.
- Hot Box - the act of smoking in a car, closet, or other most airtight confined space to allow smoke to collect in the room.
- Light Up - term for lighting a joint, blunt or bong with a lighter.
- Rip - a large hit off a joint, blunt, pen, etc.