NDC, also known as "New Dane City", is currently the capital city, largest city, and only city of the Grand Order of DR as of this article. The city was established on March 17, 2019, the same day as the Grand Order of DR, and has been host to almost all major events in the nation, and was founded by SOL Dane Bozzoli himself. NDC is home to six out of the seven citizens of the GODR, including SOL Dane Bozzoli, who have all lived on the site long before the official establishment of the city and it's host nation. The city of NDC is located in the Northern most area of the GODR, taking up roughly half of the GODR's one acre land claim.
The city has several notable locations, such as buildings, monuments, businesses, etc, that make the GODR capital city quite lively.
Such notable locations include, but are not limited to:
- The Barbershed, an old fashioned style barbershop owned by SOL Dane Bozzoli's father that operates out of a 10' by 12' shed
- GODR Capitol Building/Multiuse hall, which is located in the center of the city, being the hub of most public gatherings and events, as well as the head of government
- Capitol Square and the Red Arch, a small, grassy park area just in front of the capitol building that is host to the Red Arch, a decorative monument. Capitol Square is bordered on three sides by buildings, and on one side by a vehicle parking area.
- NDC Garden, a small hobby garden that specializes in growing fruits and veggies, such as strawberries, grapes, corn, and tomatoes
- Dockin's Palace, a residence that is inhabited by the oldest citizen of the GODR
- COMING SOON: Bozzoli Lounge and Recreation, a business that will be home to seating areas and amenities, such as billiards, darts, and cards and other board games
NDC has been host to most of the GODR's history, with the signing of the paper's establishing both the city of NDC and the GODR taking place here. It has also seen countless other historical events take place in it's existence, with far too many to list below.
Below is a short list of the city's most significant events:
- Establishment of the city and it's host nation, March 17, 2019
- Some of the first diplomatic documents are written in NDC, early 2019
- The nation's only flag change was made in NDC, January 22, 2020
- Covid-19 pandemic puts the GODR into precautions, with NDC shutting it's doors to visitors from March 2020 - May 2020
- The name change of the nation from "Dane Republic" to "Grand Order of DR" was signed here, April 28, 2020
- Wildfire smoke from the outside of the GODR causes extremely poor air quality in NDC, forcing citizens to stay indoors, Summer 2020
- The Northern California Snowstorm of 2021 greatly effects the city, which causes power outages and trees to fall to the ground or on structures, causing moderate damage and clean up, January 26 & 27, 2021
- The city of NDC is put in the path of a fast moving wildfire and power outage, and ordered to evacuate. Only 2 of 6 residents evacuate, however, the fire was contained before reaching the GODR, July 7, 2021
Please keep in mind that this list may change as major events occur in NDC and the GODR.