Keraton Agung Sejagat
The Universal August ThroneMicronation
Coat of arms
|Capital||Purworejo Prefecture, Central Java, Indonesia (de facto)|
|Toto Santoso Hadiningrat|
|Legislature||the United Nations (claimed)|
• Disestablished by police action
|Today part of||Indonesia|
Founded by Totok Santoso Hadiningrat (also known as R. Toto Santoso) and Dyah Gitarja (also known as Fanni Aminadia), the Keraton started operations in 2018 and eventually accumulated around 450 members. The Keraton attracted unfavourable public attention when they publicly performed the wilujengan ritual in a Purworejo township.
In 2016, Hadiningrat founded the Jogjakarta Development Committee (DEC), claiming to be an NGO working in the field of development. Hadiningrat claimed that anyone who signed up to be a member would get disbursements of around 100 to 200 dollars a month. These disbursements would be drawn on the committee's account with the Esa Monetary Fund, a fictional Swiss bank. The disbursements would never materialise. Four years later, Hadiningrat would re-surface with the Keraton.
Hadiningrat claimed he was granted the authority to found a successor state to the Majapahit Empire in 2018. He based this claim on the contention that when the Majapahit emperor Dyah Ranawijaya signed over sovereignty to the Portuguese in 1518, he did so on the condition that sovereignty be returned 500 years in the future.
Hadiningrat claimed the Pentagon and the United Nations as being under the authority of the Keraton. He also claimed dominion over every country on Earth. Hadiningrat painted a portrait in which the United Nations served as the legislature, the International Court of Justice the judiciary, and the Pentagon responsible for the defence of the Keraton.
Response and further developments
Hadiningrat collected around 200 dollars from prospective members in exchange for uniforms and titles.
On 12 January 2020, Keraton members held a wilujengan at Pogung Juru Tengah township in Purworejo Prefectire. The event reportedly caused local residents discomfort, and many of them lodged first information reports with the Indonesian National Police. The following day, law enforcement officers arrived to investigate the scene. Hadiningrat and Gitarja were taken into custody on 14 January in Kulon Progo Regency, Special Region of Yogyakarta. They were transferred to Semarang and designated suspects on the 15th.
On the 21st, Hadiningrat admitted in a press conference that the Keraton was a scam, and that its alleged historicity was entirely fabricated.
Bondan Kanumoyoso, a historian at the University of Indonesia, rejected Hadiningrat's claims outright, saying that the Majapahit Empire collapsed in 1478. This would constitute a discrepancy with Hadiningrat's claim of a 1518 Majapahit-Portuguese treaty, on which the Keraton's legitimacy is predicated.
- "Toto Santoso Raja Keraton Agung Sejagat Ternyata Ber-KTP Jakarta". Indopolitika.com (in Indonesian). 16 January 2020. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Keraton Agung Sejagat, Antara Cuan dan Mitos Ratu Adil". nasional (in Indonesian). Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- Media, Harian Jogja Digital (15 January 2020). "Keraton Agung Sejagat: 4 Tahun Lalu, Toto Santoso Mengincar Setengah Juta Rakyat DIY untuk Ditipu". Harianjogja.com. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- JawaPos.com (13 January 2020). "Geger Keraton Agung Sejagat, Begini Kata Polres Purworejo". JawaPos.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- hitekno.com (13 January 2020). "Totok Santosa, Pendiri Kerajaan Agung Sejagat Klaim Pentagon Miliknya". hitekno.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- Okezone (17 January 2020). "Bantah Klaim Keraton Agung Sejagat, Pemkab Gandeng Sejarawan & Budayawan : Okezone News". Okezone.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Police investigate newly-emerged ancient 'kingdom' in Central Java claiming to be saviors of the world". www.msn.com. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- BeritaSatu.com. "Minta Maaf, Toto Santoso Akui Keraton Agung Sejagat Fiktif". beritasatu.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- S, Jauh Hari Wawan. "Sultan Yogya Tertawa Dengar Keraton Agung Sejagat di Purworejo". detiknews (in Indonesian). Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Media, Kompas Cyber. "Viral Keraton Agung Sejagat, Sejarawan Bantah Klaim Penerus Majapahit". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 25 April 2020.