- This particular feed is intended to showcase the best micronational journalism, reporting on major issues.
- Eight headlines only - when adding new links, delete the one at the BOTTOM OF THE LIST.
- If an addition to this feed is considered unsuitable by an administrator (e.g. should it not be from an approved publication (see below) or if the event reported on is not considered headline-tier), it will be moved to the appropriate newsfeed.
When adding headlines
- Please use the flag of the nation in which the publication is based. It is irrelevant as to whether or not the publication reports mainly on international news; if it has a micronation in which it is based or with which it is otherwise primarily affiliated, it should use that micronation's flag (in the same way, a B.B.C. article would be given the British flag). The exceptions to this rule are news outlets primarily addressed through anacronyms or initialisms, both of which are totally unaffiliated with any micronation.
- A truly well-written article's first sentence or two should be good preview text.
- Finish all previews with ellipses ("..."), even if the preview already finishes at the end of a sentence.
- Do not include bylines, datelines, or similar pre-article matter (e.g. "MINSK —" or "John Citizen —") in previews.
- Do not add "BREAKING". It is totally unnecessary.
- Instead of using the hyphen character, please consider using the dash character (–).
As of 23 April 2015, the administration has decided to put in place a policy to the effect that only approved publications may post news to the headlines newsfeed. We have in recent months seen numerous articles posted which were not of a quality deemed suitable for the headlines. The list of approved publications is below - if your publication is not on the list, then please do not add an article to this newsfeed, but to "Other news". Approved publications have been chosen for their acceptable standard of writing and journalism. ONLY AN ADMINISTRATOR may add (or subtract) from this list, but users are welcome to request that their publications be considered for inclusion.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A new policy concerning approved headlines has been put in place. Please ensure you have read and understood it before editing the newsfeed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- 3 Dec - The ruling party of The Sohnland meeting about cryptocurrency concludes.
- 14 Jan - The Bank & Treasury designs a new banknote.
- 12 Dec - The Sohnland boycotts the 2022 Beijing Olympics.
- 26 Oct - The Sohnland Joins The Solidarity Front.
- 7 Sep - The Sohnlandic government switches recognition to the real China.